The name nexus commands respect in the field of mobiles and tablets due to its association with Google, which has been marketing such devices under the nexus brand name for some time now. Nexus phones are known to flaunt the latest hardware and coupled with Google’s own android, nexus turns into a device to race against. Nexus phones have been highly popular in the united states and elsewhere as they were guaranteed to latest updates as soon as Google released them.
But Google has strangely avoided Indian market all this while. Anyone with a desire to own a nexus phone has to get it imported, which would be deterrent due to warranty and customs issues.
Not anymore.As per the latest new, Nexus 7 tablets will be available in India from today. The tablets will be available in croma across the country. With this move expectations are high that the last Nexus 4 mobile will also be launched very soon in India.But all’s not merry from here on. Read on.
- G.O.O.G.L.E. N.E.X.U.S……wow!!
- Extraordinarily and ridiculously(are we there yet to utilise its full powers)powerful hardware configuration.
- Assurance of update to the future upgrades to the operating system.
- "Project Butter" jelly bean out of the box.
- As compared to US market, ridiculously costly. In US it costs 199$. I expected it to be priced around 15000 in India.But the cost is19990, ie. 20000. It’s better to buy imported piece from ebay which is priced at 24000 for 32 GB.
- Not available online. Only in CROMA stores as of now.
- Older model, which is not sold anymore in US(they still think India is not ready)
- No android 4.2 out of the box.
- No 3g connectivity.
- Compared to other tablets, no expandable memory.
Setting aside these drawbacks and the discrimination in pricing, this will be one device to look out for, while we hope that Google releases the 3g version in India soon and follow it up with Nexus 4.
Sadly, I didn’t wait for it. I ordered my new phone yesterday.
Apple is all set to launch its 10th anniversary editionRead more…